You can improve the accessibility of your styleguide with these accessibility features. These will enable viewers with impairments to navigate your design system information easily.
Skip to content
You can navigate the webpage more easily using your keyboard with the skip to content link.
You will need to be in view-only mode to access the link.
1) Click on the browser URL, then click tab on your keyboard to display the Skip to content link
2) Select Skip to content by clicking enter/return on your keyboard
3) Click tab to navigate through each section of the page
Enable tab navigation
You may need to complete extra steps to enable tab navigation for Safari and Firefox.
1) Open the Safari browser and click Safari, then Settings
2) In the Advanced section, select Press tab to highlight each item on a web page
1) Open Firefox and click the hamburger icon and go to Settings
2) In the General page under the Browsing section, select Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages
For Mac systems
1) Open System Preferences and click the section Keyboard
2) Toggle on Keyboard navigation
3) Now you can use the
tab key to navigate forwards,
tab to navigate backwards,
enter to select.
You can add alt text to images, rules blocks, and images in tables.
👉 Note: If you don’t enter alt text into the alt text field, zeroheight will use the caption text as alt text.
1) Hover over an image and click Alt text
2) Add your alt text
3) Click Update
4) Your image has alt text by showing the ALT icon in the lower left corner
5) Hover over the image again and click Alt text to edit it